Saturday, March 6, 2010

We might have forgetten...

...about Haiti because the news vans left, but awesome people like Sean Penn have not. He had key things to say last night on Bill Maher I think yall should check out:

Take note:
Bill: A lot of people think we should devote our resources to a country that really needs to be rebuilt, America. I know you're a guy who follows politics pretty closely. If you, you probably are on occasion asked to rub shoulders with the people who run the world in Washington. I'm sure you've met the president.

Sean:No I have not.

Bill: You've never met Barack Obama?

Sean: No I held back because I wanted to write freely about him early on. But I think I know where you're going and I'd like to say ya know so much of what America is in rebuilding itself financially, the federal reserve, our system of currency is so much smoke and mirrors and so much of what we are as a dominant personality in the world. And that personality is THINNED OF CHARACTER at this point. And the character investment in Haiti is the beginning of a seed of a building of America that we haven't lived in our lifetime.

*AWESOME and well said* here's the rest....


What gets cut off in the last clip is a great point that Michael Moore makes: we didn't hear much about Chile because in Chile they had strict building regulations so when an earthquake that was of a much greater magnitude struck, less than 1000 people died. However in Haiti, what Moore calls a "Republicans Paradise" (due to lack of regulations), hundreds of thousands perished. He compared this to our current financial state. We have returned to playing the game as usual with no sanctions and no regulations. They are continuing to rob us blind.

Wake up folks.

See the show in its entirety HERE

0 comments:

A lil inside mi noggin..

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
I'm blunt...and rather observant...DUH that means I should blog! I suffer from, no let me rephrase, I combat living with an AVM on a daily basis. An AVM is an Abnormal Veinous Malformation which affects about 250,000 people in the US (http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/cerebro/AVM.htm#Link8). It affects everyone differently, for me it's caused a constant headache since 2003...litterally. I've been in countless doctors offices, been poked and proded, been through the emotions of being misdiagnosed with a brain tumor. Needless to say, I've been through a lot and not just because of my...let's call it an ailment. Above all I've developed a less than common outlook on life and perception of things.Don't for one minute misconstrue, I'm in no way a victim, I'm self-sufficient almost to a fault and encourage others to turn their weaknesses into empowerment. It builds character and makes for one hell of a screenplay ha! That combined with growing up immersed in a semi-charmed world, and the glitz and glamour of Hollyweird leads to some interesting anecdotes...Here are my thoughts...

There are many other Headcases in the world...here are a few..